5 Delicious Recipes With CBG Flower
Cooking with hemp flower is nothing new- civilizations have been using hemp as an ingredient for thousands of years. That doesn’t mean that there isn’t more to discover, however. Our organically grown hemp flower is a beneficial ingredient that is as versatile as it is tasty, and we want to have a look at a few of our favorites.
The star of the show today is our new White CBG flower, which bumps up the CBG content in favor of our usual CBD dominant strains. The subtlety of the flavors in this flower makes it an invaluable ingredient when cooking with hemp- just the right amount of beneficial cannabinoids, without overpowering your creations.
Before we start, make sure to read through our guides on how to make your own cannabutter and CBD oil. Oils with CBD and CBG will help you infuse your drinks and dishes with an extra level of flavor, as well as bringing out those all-important cannabinoids.
#1 CBG Infused Pasta Margarita
This simple, flavorful tomato pasta dish is quick, easy, and tastes sublime. Top tip: the riper the tomatoes, the fuller the flavor!
- ½ Tsp of salt
- 1 lb of fresh linguine
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs of ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup of basil, roughly chopped
- 8 oz of Buffalo mozzarella, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 120- 180mg of full-spectrum CBG oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil on high heat. Add your linguine and cook according to directions. Once done, drain and set aside. Keep 1 cup of pasta water.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high before adding garlic. Saute for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add your basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Mix the linguine and pasta water into the skillet- toss well to combine with the tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, before drizzling with CBG oil.
#2 Mint and Watermelon CBG Mojito
This refreshing drink is perfect for hot summer days, with the added benefit of your daily CBG dosage. Feel free to swap out the rum for your preferred substitute to make it virgin. Top tip: when it comes to cocktails, freshly squeezed juice is worth the extra effort!
- 8 fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 20 mg of full-spectrum CBG oil
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup of light rum (or your preferred substitute)
- 1 cup of fresh watermelon juice
- 1 cup of soda water
- Combine the mint leaves, honey, and CBG oil in a pestle and mortar. Mash thoroughly, making sure to bruise the leaves to bring out the flavor. Once mashed, add the lime juice.
- Decant the mixture into two glasses and top with ice.
- Pour ¼ of rum into each glass, followed by ½ cup of watermelon juice and ½ cup of soda water.
- Stir, relax, and enjoy.
#3 CBG Margarita
Fresh, delicious, and packing a medium-size hit of that all-important CBG. Double up the measurements to make this a truly social CBG experience.
- 6 oz of tequila
- 6 oz of triple-sec
- 6 oz of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 30-50 mg of full-spectrum CBG oil
- Margarita salt (for the glass)
- Orange wedges (for the glass)
- Ice to serve
- Lime wedges to serve
- Mix the tequila, triple sec, lime juice, orange juice, and CBG oil in a large pitcher. Combine well with a thorough stir.
- Run the orange wedge around the rim of your glasses. Sprinkle your margarita salt on a shallow plate, and dip your orange coated glass rim into the plate. Shake off any excess salt.
- Add ice to the glass, and pour a nice, tall serving of the margarita mix over the ice.
#4 CBG French Omelet
Start your day right with this fluffy, CBG infused French Omelet. Keep your pan moving while cooking for the perfect consistency.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp of cold water
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- ½ tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of roasted wild mushrooms
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh basil
- 10 mg full spectrum CBG oil
- Combine the eggs, water, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk until mixed well and place to one side.
- Bring a non-stick pan or skillet up to high heat. Put your butter into the pan and allow it to melt- pay attention to ensure it doesn’t brown and burn. Once melted fully, add the egg mixture to the pan.
- Get a wiggle going with your pan. The jerky movement will eventually make the omelet begin to roll over itself as it begins to firm up under the heat.
- As the corners of the omelet begin to fold, use a rubber spatula to free up any egg that may still be sticking to the pan.
- You’re ready to plate! Fold your omelet up and serve.
#5 Vegan CBG Grilled Cheese
Making responsible choices about your food doesn’t mean you don’t get to have any fun- this CBG vegan grilled cheese is the perfect comfort food. It tastes amazing and contains all the benefits you’d expect from a delicious CBG edible.
- 2 tbsp of dairy-free butter
- 40-50 mg of full-spectrum CBG oil
- 4 slices of bread (chef’s choice, grab your favorite!)
- 2 tbsp of dairy-free scallion cream cheese
- 4 slices of dairy-free mature cheddar
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Prepare your sandwich. Cover both slices with cream-cheese, topping them with 2 slices of cheese each. Then top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Bring a non-stick pan or skillet up to low heat and add your butter. Melt until the foam has subsided and add the CBG oil.
- Add your sandwiches to the pan. Flip them to coat both sides of the sandwiches with butter- make sure to cover them thoroughly.
- Cover your pan with a glass lid. Keep an eye on your sandwiches- 5-7 minutes should be long enough for the cheese to begin to melt and your sandwiches to begin turning a beautiful golden brown. Flip the sandwiches and repeat the process, another 5-7 minutes.
- Take your sandwiches from the pan and put them onto a cutting board. In accordance with grilled-cheese law, cut each sandwich into triangles and enjoy.
There you have it- 5 easy and delicious CBG edible recipes that will keep you well-fed and relaxed. Each one is guaranteed to keep your soul that little bit happier, and we’re confident the effects will keep you coming back for more. Great ingredients make for great dishes- check out our White CBG flower, our newest strain that’s packed with CBG goodness.
As with all hemp flower at Cascadia Blooms, it comes with a 3rd party lab report as standard, so you know your edibles will be the best that they can be!